06 6 / 2014
Either they don’t want to jinx it or they don’t want people to be disappointed, but I believe openness is almost always the best strategy.
There is a chance (very slim) that TFiOS will be the biggest movie in the US this week. That’s a huge deal in the movie industry no matter what your movie is about. It makes your movie the movie everyone talks about for a week and tends to boost future sales significantly.
However, when you’re putting a romantic drama about teens with cancer against a Tom Cruise action movie (that actually looks quite good), there isn’t any question about which one of them will win.
But now…a little bit…there is.
Having TFiOS beat Edge of Tomorrow would be, like, ridiculous. It would be something that the movie industry would talk about for years. It might even be a broader signal that people are still interested in movies about people, instead of movies about explosions.
I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with Edge of Tomorrow. I will probably go see Edge of Tomorrow…but I’m certainly not going to see it in the first week :-).
I just want to tell you that absolutely every single person who worked on The Fault in Our Stars is holding their breath this weekend for an extremely unlikely outcome.
I am very nervous about it myself, despite the fact that I’m not that involved. I just want to say every person who is planning to go this weekend is one ticket in favor of that dream coming true.
However, when they announce the box office sales, don’t be surprised if Edge of Tomorrow is on top because, yeah, duh, that is by far the most likely outcome.
- theouresmeralda likes this
- thegoddamnkingofgoogle reblogged this from elliottwith2ts
- callidorablack likes this
- happynowlucy reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- doktorgun likes this
- eucher reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- thematureteenager likes this
- adkgirlsince01 likes this
- spoopy-to-infinity reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- eye-see-fiction-through-my-lense likes this
- akameganeshoujo likes this
- delpphine likes this
- finwimore reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- countdownto-inserttext reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- absorbingbyosmosis reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- haleylikethewolf likes this
- davidtennant4life likes this
- descensusnox likes this
- literarydivision reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- serenade-the-stars reblogged this from consulting-hobbit-companion
- serenade-the-stars likes this
- consulting-hobbit-companion reblogged this from foreverwholocked
- thestoriesthatlast likes this
- jomarch likes this
- spiritedquill likes this
- her-radiant-smile reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- khwieder likes this
- lbiss1 likes this
- ironlassie likes this
- youtubelover24 likes this
- charlieissocoollikeislikecool reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- charlieissocoollikeislikecool likes this
- whoddawhaddu likes this
- kenzieholbrook likes this
- theroyalbluepolicebox reblogged this from thewinterizzy
- booksnifferfromhogwarts likes this
- woolythroktar reblogged this from bandgeekfromgallifrey
- bandgeekfromgallifrey reblogged this from thewinterizzy
- hundredstorms likes this
- soulcastingsilhouettes reblogged this from thewinterizzy
- whatareweholdingonto-sam likes this
- sycloalkane reblogged this from edwardspoonhands
- kehoffman reblogged this from edwardspoonhands and added:
- twinerism reblogged this from random-reblobs
- puppyelephantsandcheezits reblogged this from obsidianz
- scarredblack likes this
- seed-secret reblogged this from joshwatchintv and added:
- seed-secret likes this
- molliehaswords likes this
- camillapapen likes this